babylon Therapy terms & conditions
Availability of service:
- babylon therapy is currently available to UK residents only.
- All sessions are payable in advance of the consultation and at the time of booking. Please have your credit/debit card to hand when booking via the app. Sessions are £39 for a 50 minute consultation. Afterwards the therapist will spend 10 minutes writing brief notes which will be shared with you.
About the service:
- Your comfort and safety in therapy is of utmost importance to us, please discuss with your therapist what you wish to gain from therapy during each session. Progress will be monitored throughout the duration of therapy.
- A full recording of your session is stored in your Clinical Records. All recordings are encrypted and accessible only to you and restricted members of the babylon senior clinical management team managing your care, for the purpose of ensuring exceptional quality of service.
- You have to be 18 years and over to access the babylon Therapy service.
- Brief notes may be taken during the session by the therapist and these will be available in the app for you to read. They will be short and factual. Notes will be accessible by a babylon GP if you have future GP consultations. Notes will not be shared with third parties during or after therapy has been completed.
- All sessions are strictly confidential. All information will remain confidential within babylon unless both the client and therapist agree to discuss something with a third party. The only circumstance where confidentiality might be broken would be if there was a serious risk to the client's life or if another person's life was at risk; alternatively, in the rare instance where the therapist was liable to civil or criminal court proceedings if they did not disclose client information. If at all possible this would be discussed at length with the client beforehand.
- babylon holds all records securely and ensures the utmost confidentiality in the treatment of any information held about its clients.
- No information will be discussed without the client's written permission, except under certain rare legal circumstances (e.g. Child Protection).
- Consultation notes and videos can be reviewed by babylon's medical director and therapy service lead without restriction in compliance with our information governance policy.
- Your consultations are available for playback within the app. To help us protect the privacy and security of your information, you agree not to make independent recordings of consultations or to make recordings available in any other public domain.
- babylon commits to permanent deletion of the data after a period of 10 years from the date of the cancellation request.
- If a client arrives under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or becomes abusive during the session, we reserve the right to cancel that session immediately and that session will still be charged for.
- babylon has the right to cancel an appointment at short notice. Although this is very rare, as much notice as possible will be given. Your session will be re-booked at the next available appointment.
- Cancellation and missed session policy: If you are unable to attend your appointment please let us know as soon as possible.
For therapy to be most effective, it is important to attend sessions regularly as agreed with your therapist. If you cancel more than 24 hours before your appointment, you will automatically be refunded. If you cancel less than 24 hours before your appointment then you will still be charged for this. If two or more sessions are missed/cancelled then we will contact you to discuss this. Future sessions may then be terminated.
If for any unforeseen circumstance your therapist needs to cancel your appointment, we will notify you as soon as possible and we will either rearrange this appointment for you or provide you with a refund.
- babylon therapists all adhere to the BACP / BABCP / BPS / UKCP / HCPC code of Ethics for Counsellors and Psychotherapists. All babylon therapists are fully insured for professional liability and maintain regular supervision for all client work undertaken. babylon complies comply with the Data Protection Act 1988.
- Your babylon therapist may anonymously discuss your sessions with their clinical supervisor to help them improve the therapy they are offering and ensure you are kept safe. This is a requirement of all therapists as outlined by professional bodies. Supervisors also follow the code of conducts set out by their professional bodies and maintain confidentiality.
You are invited to view these terms and conditions when you register with babylon. You have every opportunity to view and discuss them before and during your therapy sessions and cannot, therefore, be disputed should they not be adhered to.