There are a number of eye conditions, eye injuries and eye infections that you may wish to see a doctor about.
These can include:
- Red Eye (Conjunctivitis)
- Lazy Eye
- Dry eyes (Dry Eye Syndrome)
- Watering Eyes
- Double Vision
- Sjögren's Syndrome
Early diagnosis and treatment is important to stop infections from spreading to your family, classmates and co-workers. babylon doctors can help you with all of these conditions and our GPs can make a quick and accurate assessment so you can find out how serious the situation is and what kind of specialised care is required.
Underlying medical condition
If you notice something unusual about your eyes or eye sight whether there has been a direct incident or not it is important to get this checked by a qualified medical professional as this could be a symptom of an underlying medical condition.
You should visit A&E or dial 999 for emergency assistance if you:
- Have TWO black eyes
- Cannot move your eye(s)
- Believe something has pierced your eyes
- Become extremely sensitive to light (have photophobia)
- Have very red or severely painful eyes
- Feel a deterioration in your vision
- There are signs of blood or a suspected cut on your eye.