How to take a successful blood sample
Tips to get the most from your tests from our nurse Gráinne McCarthy:
1) If you're taking a blood test, make sure you do it just before putting it in the post. This will keep the sample fresh.
2) Make sure you are well hydrated.
3) Your hands should be warm and clean before you start.
4) Keep your hand as low as possible when providing the blood sample.
5) If you are taking bloods for your cholesterol/ lipids (Monitor Cholesterol) or Iron Profile (Monitor Iron) please ensure you have been fasting for approx. 6 hours beforehand.
6) Talk the results through with a babylon doctor who can explain your results in detail.
If you require further information please contact our support team on 0330 223 1008, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org