5 reasons why good healthcare is great for business
Written by Babylon Team
, 2 min read
In today’s world, people are looking for more than just good pay. They’re joining or leaving companies based on the benefits they’re offered. This is especially true when it comes to health and wellbeing benefits. It’s a trend that’s good for your employees and your business. Here’s why.
1. When you care, your people care
57% of people say that if employers proactively supported mental wellbeing, it would make them feel more loyal, be more productive and take less time off.1
2. People prefer health to wealth
More than two-thirds of workers said they’d prefer additional benefits over a pay raise, citing healthcare (36%) first, followed by flexible work hours (35%) and annual holiday leave (34%).2
3. Healthy leaders inspire healthy employees
Organisations whose leaders actively participated in health and wellbeing programmes reported higher rates of employee satisfaction (83%) and employee perception (85%) than organisations whose leaders didn’t actively participate.3
4. Your business becomes a safety net
More than 40% of small business workers say they depend on their workplace benefits for financial security and agree their benefits positively impact their overall health.4
5. Healthcare is a dealbreaker
83% of employees say health insurance is very or extremely important in deciding whether to stay in or change jobs.5
So, how much does your organisation care about healthcare?
1. Health Shield (2019). Employees say mental health support would improve loyalty - Press Release Service. [online] Personneltoday.com. Available at: https://www.personneltoday.com... [Accessed 1 Mar. 2019].
2. Indeed (2018). REPORT: How Satisfied Are U.S. Workers with Their Salaries? - Indeed Blog. [online] Indeed Blog. Available at: http://blog.indeed.com/2018/01... [Accessed 1 Mar. 2019].
3. HERO and Mercer (2019). HERO Health and Well-being Best Practices Scorecard. [online] HERO. Available at: https://www.mercer.us/content/... [Accessed 1 Mar. 2019].
4. Guardian Anytime (2019). 2018 Small Business Benefits Study | Guardian Anytime. [online] Guardiananytime.com. Available at: https://www.guardiananytime.co... [Accessed 1 Mar. 2019].
5. Altiero, M. (2018). Data From EBRI Survey Reveals Trends in Employee Benefits. [online] Extensis Group. Available at: https://www.extensisgroup.com/... [Accessed 1 Mar. 2019].
The information provided is for educational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Seek the advice of a doctor with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never delay seeking or disregard professional medical advice because of something you have read here.