Babylon Triage Regulatory
Last updated 23 February 2022
The range of services available to you may vary depending on your particular configuration
App Name: Triage
Version Number: 4
21 JAN 2021
Babylon Partners Ltd
1 Knightsbridge Green
London, SW1X 7QA, UK
+ 44 (0) 20 3637 1273
Babylon Health Ireland Ltd
North Point Business Park
New Mallow Road, Cork, Ireland
Triage is a chat-based informational service that analyses the initial user input, then goes through a series of questions matched to that input (the majority of these are predetermined question flows written by clinicians; a portion is chosen using AI). After this the user is provided with some information about the location and timescale in which they might need to be treated, and may also be given some information about possible conditions based on the information they entered. This is accompanied by general self-care advice, where appropriate.
Triage is intended to be used by lay people over the age of 16. The patient population includes cisgender (people whose gender identity matches their sex at birth) presenting with a common primary care condition (excluding pregnancy, and some mental health and dermatology conditions). Users must be over the age of 16. However, Triage provides health information for all age groups. This means that someone over 16 can use the product on behalf of all age groups.
Triage is not intended for use in an emergency or during pregnancy.
Warnings and Precautions:
- Triage must not be used by a person below the age of 16.
- Triage must not be used by a person whose gender identity does not match their sex assigned at birth.
- Triage does not address all primary health conditions, dermatological and mental health conditions.
- Triage is not intended to be used for the triage of symptoms of serious or life-threatening emergencies or trauma.
- Triage is not suitable if the user has the following symptoms or is at all concerned:
- Severe, heavy or crushing chest pain, which may move to jaw, neck, arm, or back, or be associated with sweating, shortness of breath or nausea.
- Signs of a stroke, which may include facial weakness, inability to hold both arms up, or difficulty speaking.
- Severe breathing problems.
Triage has been developed in compliance with European Commission Directive 93/42/EEC for Class I devices.
Triage is registered with the MHRA (registration number 7139) and CE marked as Class I medical device in the United Kingdom.